So I'm new here and I had all my teeth removed. I never really looked into how the process goes, so I have been learning on my own and it's been 2 months and These are some of the things I eat that I think are awesome without chewing. I put them in order I like best. Hope this helps people.

1. Enchilladas with beans and rice

2. Sloppy Joe with cheesy rice

3. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns (smashed tator tots)

4. twinkies and krispy kreme donuts (lol)

5. tamales

6. Cheetos cheese puffs ( you put them in your mouth and you take a drink of soda or whatever and then you suck the juice off the cheese puff and it breaks down easily)

7. pulled pork with pork & beans

8. bread ( I hear a lot of people say you can't eat bread) take the edges off and put butter and sprinkle sugar on the butter :)

9. Pizza (pizza hut) So... so far I found out the only pizza soft enough to eat, where you don't have to chew is pizza hut's stuffed crust.. The only thing is you have to eat it as soon as it gets delivered or you pick it up.. (the colder it gets, the harder it is to eat) and reheating pizza never tastes good or lasts at staying soft again.

10. mashed potatoes with gravy, lipton soup (sure everyone knows this)

There's other little dumb things like bananas etc. but I'm sure everything else people know.. Like I said I'm new here and I don't really know how I feel about all this. kinda numb to what I just did with getting all the teeth removed. I really regret getting my teeth removed. And all I read on here is people saying it was the best thing ever. I feel the opposite. I feel like I should've hang on to the teeth as long as I could've. Right now I feel like I'll never eat with the teeth I have. But I am at peace with eating the stuff I am eating right now for the rest of my life. Anyhow I first came here cuz I thought I would like to get help. But I feel now, that I much rather help people that are about to go thru this If I can. So If you have ANY questions, send me a message(inbox) I WILL answer.  :) 

(All For The Love of God)

Views: 758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bread and butter!

Want to really enjoy chocolate with no teeth? Let it melt in your mouth.

And speaking of better without teeth, I always take mine out when I eat ice cream, because it's just not as good with them!

jeez, guess im missing out,, i have never ate anything with my teeth out,,,, i have lost a lot of weight not having the midnight raid or snacks while watching tv late. once my teeth are out around 8-9pm thats it, usually have dinner 5-6pm and something in the morn around 8-9 am. i have never went a day without my teeth in either. but some of these items are making me hungry right now,,, 

Hi aWaKe, how kind of you to want to help others in this situation....but I'm shocked at the diet you listed which any Health Professional will tell you it is SO anti-healthy!!!  (1)  Why did you have your teeth removed without the "Immediate Dentures"?  This way you could eat soft foods with the protection of the Immediate Dentures to avoid hurting your open wounds;   (2)  Since you didn't have the Immediate Dentures I can understand that you are now totally edentulous but you should eat healthier for the sake of your gums which are the ones to support the weight of the dentures;  (3)  Again, I'm sorry you're eating much unhealthy food when you most need a highly nutritious food. With all respect I'll describe my case as follows hoping you and other may benefit from it?:

I've been wearing the same dentures for over 11 years now as I was lucky that my dentist made them of the highest quality, but he retired  :(   so when my gums shrank and the dentures hurt when I ate, I went to another prosthodontist for a reline....but he ruined them for me!!!   So now, while I'm looking for a competent dentist to make new dentures, my gums are getting sore all over when I eat.  So when this happens I give my dentures a mini vacation in their water cup and, like you, I eat without them (until my sores disappear from 3 to 6 days).  Then I wear them again and repeat when the sores return, but I'll renew them soon).  This is my diet when I'm edentulous :

I buy and cook with water (nothing else) several different types of whole grains, the soft ones like rice, millet, rolled oat, etc. and the same with whole beans, lentils, etc. filled with good protein.  I cook enough to last me months in the deep freezer into one person/one time containers.  Then when I'm ready to eat I take one of each, warm them up and they're ready to eat after I put a little olive oil and some of that delicious Bragg's Liquid Aminos, or you choose your sauce.  And I accompany this with broccoli which, without overcooking, it's ideal to eat without teeth, as well as other cookingsoft veggies like spinach, etc.  And  sometimes I mix in nuts and seeds which have honesty goodness, more than plenty of proteins and all the other nutrients too.  Of course there are more variants for you to browse and buy, all most nutritive and filling, without sugars or pork or chips.  :o)    So this is an example of dinner.  Now for salads.  I bought a Cuisinart 7-cup food processor and put all the fresh veggies I used to eat when I had my strong own teeth,  into the processor and make enough for 5 days or so in individual containers (NOT IN FREEZER) and with a little olive oil and fresh lemon juice and maybe some olives, etc. it's oh so appetizing!  For desserts, again grinding away on my loyal processor I put into it a strategic group of fresh fruits and eat (or semi-drink them) in the morning, LOL!  So each day your body gets all necessary nutrients (in any order you like), your gums gain strength, and everybody happy.  :)  

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR ALL ON THIS FORUM!   ;)

rosa, try densure fit till you get new, its soft and fits better than anything 

dealecrabr said:

rosa, try densure fit till you get new, its soft and fits better than anything

Thanks for responding.  What is "'Denture Fit" will appreciate it knowing this.  Thanks a lot!  Rosa

densure fit, spelling is a trick for promo, look on youtube, its a silicone liner thats a little pricey, but they run sales during the year and sometimes first time users get a good break. 

Oh thank you for explaining.  I read it all and it sounds pretty good although rather complicated.  However, I would try it, except that in my case they would become too think with more of the material on top of what I already have.... They are already kind of thick but I sort of adjusted until, as I said, I can find a dentist I can trust.  Thanks again for your kind suggestion.    :o)     Rosa

Rosa Rizar said:

Hi aWaKe, how kind of you to want to help others in this situation....but I'm shocked at the diet you listed which any Health Professional will tell you it is SO anti-healthy!!!  (1)  Why did you have your teeth removed without the "Immediate Dentures"?  This way you could eat soft foods with the protection of the Immediate Dentures to avoid hurting your open wounds;   (2)  Since you didn't have the Immediate Dentures I can understand that you are now totally edentulous but you should eat healthier for the sake of your gums which are the ones to support the weight of the dentures;  (3)  Again, I'm sorry you're eating much unhealthy food when you most need a highly nutritious food. With all respect I'll describe my case as follows hoping you and other may benefit from it?:

I've been wearing the same dentures for over 11 years now as I was lucky that my dentist made them of the highest quality, but he retired  :(   so when my gums shrank and the dentures hurt when I ate, I went to another prosthodontist for a reline....but he ruined them for me!!!   So now, while I'm looking for a competent dentist to make new dentures, my gums are getting sore all over when I eat.  So when this happens I give my dentures a mini vacation in their water cup and, like you, I eat without them (until my sores disappear from 3 to 6 days).  Then I wear them again and repeat when the sores return, but I'll renew them soon).  This is my diet when I'm edentulous :

I buy and cook with water (nothing else) several different types of whole grains, the soft ones like rice, millet, rolled oat, etc. and the same with whole beans, lentils, etc. filled with good protein.  I cook enough to last me months in the deep freezer into one person/one time containers.  Then when I'm ready to eat I take one of each, warm them up and they're ready to eat after I put a little olive oil and some of that delicious Bragg's Liquid Aminos, or you choose your sauce.  And I accompany this with broccoli which, without overcooking, it's ideal to eat without teeth, as well as other cookingsoft veggies like spinach, etc.  And  sometimes I mix in nuts and seeds which have honesty goodness, more than plenty of proteins and all the other nutrients too.  Of course there are more variants for you to browse and buy, all most nutritive and filling, without sugars or pork or chips.  :o)    So this is an example of dinner.  Now for salads.  I bought a Cuisinart 7-cup food processor and put all the fresh veggies I used to eat when I had my strong own teeth,  into the processor and make enough for 5 days or so in individual containers (NOT IN FREEZER) and with a little olive oil and fresh lemon juice and maybe some olives, etc. it's oh so appetizing!  For desserts, again grinding away on my loyal processor I put into it a strategic group of fresh fruits and eat (or semi-drink them) in the morning, LOL!  So each day your body gets all necessary nutrients (in any order you like), your gums gain strength, and everybody happy.  :)  

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR ALL ON THIS FORUM!   ;)

As to my long message above, I forgot to explain that the nuts and seeds, I also grind completely before mixing with the whole grains or any of the other foods I use when completely edentulous.  Didn't want you to think I was so crazy as to suggest eating nuts and seed without any teeth!  lol!

In the immediate post op phase if one cannot chew calories are still important, healthy or not.

This is temporary. The diet won't last but a few weeks. Upping protein will aid with healing though so things like bone broth will not only be a tasty change but good for healing.

I did a lot of eggs and yogurt. I also ate a lot of soups. And when I needed a break from the heat...ice cream did the trick. Soon enough I was back to salads and nuts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome to "Dentures A New Smile" private support group. This is the most popular dentures group on the Internet. Join us today!

EDUCATION CENTER.
What are dentures?
What are dental implants?
What are denture implants?

© 2021   Created by Simon Nowak.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service